Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the most embarrassing moment in my life

well, i know the title sounds like a question seen in every single slam book. and as a reply people write 'when curry fell on me', 'when my father saw me with my boyfriend' and so on.
but this i should say is THE most embarrassing moment in my life and i so wish this wouldn't happened to anyone(not even my enemies).
this is what happened:
i recently went to listen to carol singing competition. my church was participating in it. our number was seven and so we were forced to sit and listen to the songs prior to it.
me, along with my whole family went and sat right in front so that 'we could see them better' and' hear them better'.
BIG MISTAKE. the sound was deafening. we were just waiting for chess number seven to get over. and as soon as it did we got ready to go.
we got up. walked the red carpet(the Aile had a red carpet). probably all the listeners were just as bored. i could sense it. all eyes were on us as we were walking. my mother walked in front.
next i followed.
i walked and reached the exact middle of the hall. i saw a lady whom i knew. she smiled at me and i returned the smile.
the next moment, or was it that very instant?, i really don't remember, there was a loud bang.
i was totally blank for a second. then i came back to my senses. there, i lay flat on the ground.
i had no clue how i got there. i looked all around and there lay a stupid cable. a red one too. it perfectly blended with the background.
everybody got up from their seats to rush up to me. i sprang to my feet. i had a sprained toe and a bruised knee. my legs were hurting like mad. but who cares about the pain when you're skin is about to be torn apart from shame.
i bent my head and walked FAST!with that speed i could have won a marathon!
i could hear stupid comments from here and there. people who knew me came to enquire how i was. but i really dint listen to anyone one of them.
i rushed to my car. my family rushed behind me. and we zoomed out.
this is an incident which would be a little difficult to forget.
now can i have a little empathising?

12 comments:

Destiny's child... said...

ok..u can have your share of empathy too...but before that lemem tell the other readers what they dont know!
u forgot to mention that you fell like a heap..in a totally undignified position n that you lay there like a battered n bashed poor lil thing...how can u miss out on the details dear...detailing is the essence of descriptions yaar....hahaahhaha


did i just hear the mouse clicking the delte comment button???? :D

ok...sorry...well written n hilarious...
but that doesnt change the undignified position u lay in..does it? ;)
i am dead..am sure...lol... ;)

chef mithu said...

the crowd wudve been frightnd by th noise made by the fall.. is it? :O

i heard u got fractured leg.. nly a swelling n bruise?

remu said...

@ destiny' child,
ur destiny is fixed my child.
ur not just dead.........ur dead meat!
u wait n see......

Anonymous said...

funny!!! :)
But like veena told if the position was something she detailed ..it would be seriously embarrassing..

But I am sure those carol songs really gave you a big drunk effect..lols

keep writing..:)

remu said...

wel i was totally blank to actually remember the position.but ya, it was embarassing.

angel in disguise.... said...

hmm...veena had siad abt the same,...in a detailed n ellaborated way ,n then both of us had a hearthy laugh....;)well...remu such things r quite common..forget it...i agree it would have been embarrasing ,but then it made u write a blog on it...isnt it..?so its not that bad...;)

naddy said...

ha ha...reading tht was fun...!! :) n dont worry...the phrase "cycle'il ninnum veena chiri" is made for situations like this...
thank yourself tht u provided a fair share of laugh to others n forget about it...people wont remember it for long....n so do something similar n better for them to laugh again ;-)

remu said...

oh wow!what a great piece of advice naddy!thankyou!:X

naddy said...

anytime ;-)

Unknown said...

how exactly did u fall down?? n oh, u hv all my sympathy, empathy n all other 'pathys' u want... :P :D

Unknown said...

wow remu......kewl....i lykd hw veenachi added mr details...i didnt dt u fell at ol...sory bout dt....i seldom hear bad news i gus...wel remu u don hv 2 b ashamed bout it....cuz it cud'v happened 2 ny1....u me veenachi or d odr straws....itz nly dt w grew up lykwise our consciousnes..w hv fallen a 1000000tyms wn wr kid...evn in skul in4nt o thousands....bt w didnt care ryt...tk dis jst lyk dt....cmun yaar...n 4 dose who pased coments....jst gv dem n i-don-care luk...daz ma gurl..:):):)

remu said...

@anuchi...
thanks 4 ur kind words dear.luv u baby!yo...:);)