Tuesday, December 30, 2008

does new year mean new life?

its already december 30th.time:11. p.m.
and this means there are only 25 hours for a new year to begin.

every year as december aproaches, people are busy. well, its not only the christmas rush. people are busy reviewing their gone year's life. and then, they sit, scratch their heads, work their brains and finally by the 31st, they have a long list ready- a list of RESOLUTIONS!

during our school assemblies, we used to have long advices about the importance of taking resolutions and keeping them. and yes, we would be inspired by them!

its intresting to note the variety of resolutions that we take. in my school days my most favourable resolution was "i will study my daily portions". then there were others too like i'll help my mom, i will be nice to people, i will make my bed etc etc. and as the years went by, my resolutions also started to get more....what do i say.....well....'mature'.

and thus we enter into a new year with a clean heart and peacefull mind. we say "this year is going to be a turning point in my life".

the first few weeks of january would be the best. how i wish mankind would be in that stage all throughout the year.

slowly and steadly, we go back to our own self. how many resolutions have we loyally kept?
let me confess that for me- none! i salute the ones who have kept them.
anyways, let this be an oppurtunity for all those waiting eagerly to turn over a new leaf!(including me)

3 comments:

Destiny's child... said...

let me begin by wishing you a very happy new year! n yes u were talking abt saluting those who do keep their resolutions..hmm...so why r u satring at me...salute girl!
yeah...i took a resolution a few years ago, 'no more resolutions for the coming years' ! n trust me i have never made any resolutions ever since! ;)

a good piece of writing! :)

chef mithu said...

New Year's Day: A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. ~Mark Twain

ethrayum paranju kond njan ente vaakkukal churukkunnu nandi namaskaaram :P

u pls continue blogging gud posts like this :d

Anonymous said...

happy new year..

Resolutions are made for the need of self satisfaction..and after reading this post only i came to senses that i forgot to take any resolution this year :P..

But ...every year i do forgot like this :) so naturally my resolution gets to nullll...

good writing..
:)